Glovo launches Glovo Ads to amplify international brands and boost small business growth
- Large multinational brands to independent corner shops can make use of Glovo Ads to reach millions of consumers across 25 countries
- Brands can deploy Brands Ads to target users both on and off app, gaining up to five times ROAS
- Restaurants and small businesses can use Partner Ads to easily run ad campaigns and increase local sales
Barcelona, September 06, 2023 – Glovo, one of the world’s leading multi-category apps, has launched Glovo Ads, a new offering designed to enable brands, restaurants and shops to accelerate their business growth, engagement and sales between users.
With retail media spending estimated to reach €25 billion by 2026, and more and more consumers using delivery apps, Glovo’s strong position across the 25 countries it operates in is already enabling +500 FMCG brands and +10,000 restaurants and stores to connect with millions of customers via its platform.
Marketers can use searches, homepage listings and sponsored placements throughout the customer journey until checkout to target consumers with relevant ads while on the app. And, because users can buy across different categories in addition to takeaway food – from gifts or beauty products to groceries and electronics – non-FMCG brands can use Glovo Ads to engage consumers too.
Already, companies such as Coca-Cola, Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Pepsico, RedBull have built Glovo into the marketing stack, while multinational advertising companies like Publicis are working with their clients to market through the app.
Both, large multinational brands and small independent shops can use Glovo’s services through two specific platforms:
- Through Brands Ads, marketers can use auto-bidding. This advanced automation solution optimises the bidding process by using learned conversion rate over time and the price of the product to calculate the expected value of the impression. Through auto-bidding, and the rest of the “Brand Ads” suite of tools, brands can achieve up to 5x Return on Advertising Spend (ROAS).
- With Partner Ads, small and medium-sized shops and restaurants are guided as to the best placement within the app to ensure the highest return on investment. And because many of these businesses don’t have dedicated marketing teams, Partner Ads makes it easy to start advertising with any budget on a pay-per-click basis and a self service way that can be paused at any time to ensure partners always see a positive return on investment.
Glovo Ads will also provide off-app services, enabling both brands and smaller retailers to reach users through programmatic buying. Brands can also see how their campaigns are performing in real time, enabling them to adjust their spend to target consumers accordingly both on and off app.
Celso Borges, Vice President & Head of e-commerce Pepsico Europe said: “We see Glovo ads as an opportunity to deepen our partnership with Glovo in a strategic manner. For us, the opportunity to be able to reach consumers throughout their shopping journey is critical, and as a brand with impulse categories cart media is helping us drive incrementality. We see the media options available both helping us drive our brand objectives but also conversion to sale.”
Rodrigo Alier, Executive Director Partners & Brands, explains: “Glovo Ads was specifically designed to provide multinational marketers and agencies with the tools they need to deploy campaigns across the marketing funnel and help small businesses to drive sales in their local area. With millions of users regularly buying a dynamic range of products thanks to our multi-category offering, we can help these businesses to build brand awareness and grow sales at a time when it is becoming significantly more challenging to reach customers effectively.”
Glovo is a pioneering multi-category app connecting users with businesses, and couriers, offering on-demand services from local restaurants, grocers and supermarkets, pharmacies and high street retail stores. Glovo’s vision is to give everyone easy access to everything within their city, so that our users can enjoy what they want, when they want, where they want. Founded in 2015 in Barcelona, it operates across 25 countries in Southern Europe and EEMEA.
For more information about Glovo, please visit: https://about.glovoapp.com/en/